- Mom's Famous Fruit Cocktail She discovered it in America and made it her own.
(By Sonoko Sakai, Los Anageles Times. July 11)
- Pricey robo-pups lure U.S. shoppers
(By Jan Paschal. Reuters/Japan Today, July 14)
- Sanitized "Pearl Harbor" Romances Japanese
(By Doug Struck and Shigehiko Togo. The Washington Post. July 15)
- Twisted 'Toys': Takashi Murakami's Pop Art
(By Blake Gopnik. The Washington Post. July 15)
- In Japan, a Steak Secret to Rival Kobe
(By Stephanie Strom. The New York Times. July 18)
- Second Childhood: The mechanics of 'Low Brow'
(By Jessida Dawson. The Washington Post. July 19)
- Biased history helps feed U.S. fascination with Pearl Harbor
(By Charles Burress. The Japan Times. July 19)
- Japan Moviegoers Giving 'Pearl Harbor' a Boost : Film's promotion as a love story is paying off after a less-than-stellar opening in the U.S.
(By Mark Magnier. Los Angeles Times. July 19)
- Tokyo in 2019, Paris in 1880
(By Peer M. Nichols. The New York Times. July 20)
- Movie Review: "Brother": Los Angeles, Don't Mess With a Tokyo Gangster
(The New York Times. July 20)